Minutes September 2018

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON TUESDAY 4th SEPTEMBER 2018 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr R McGoverne, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft,

Cllr T Williams, Cllr H Froggatt, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)

 

 

87.18               Apologies for Absence: Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr A Hill

 

88.18               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

89.18               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

90.18               Public Participation: Cllr Helen Froggatt and Mr Christopher Harrison.

Cllr Froggatt reported on the following:

 

1) New Bin on Sheepwash Bridge: Cllr Froggatt reported that this was being arranged.

2) Windows in Public Conveniences: require repair or replacement.

Cllr Froggatt agreed to investigate and report back to the parish council.

 

91.18               Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 26th July 2018: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Taft as a true record, seconded by Cllr Sidery and signed by the Chairman.

 

Cllr Froggatt departed at this stage.

 

92.18               Confidentiality: None

 

93.18               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)           Public Conveniences:

 

  1. a) Transfer of Title and Funding Agreement documents: These were unanimously agreed by the parish council and the Clerk was asked to instruct the solicitor to proceed.

 

101.17 1)         Website: Mr Christopher Harrison agreed to undertake the updating of the parish council website with local events/news etc and to report back to the parish council the amount of time required.

 

93.17 2)           Repairs to Car Park Boundary Wall (Hall Orchard): The Clerk had written to Mr Richard Harvey of Calver to request that he repair the wall between his 2 properties and the Hall Orchard.

 

 

 

 

105.17 1)         Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: Ongoing

 

141.17 2)         Commemoration of Armistice Day 2018: Cllr Sidery reported that the next meeting would be held on 25th September.  A letter had been received from the Institute Committee requesting a donation towards a commemorative wooden sculpture to be carved from a dead tree in the grounds.  The parish council agreed to donate £500 towards the cost of this carving.

 

44.18 b)           Grit Bin at Hillmorton: Cllr Taft agreed to arrange.

 

57.18 1)           Band Concert by Matlock Band –The Clerk had contacted Matlock Band with a request to perform a band concert on Sunday 23rd June 2019.  The band had confirmed they would be available and quoted a price of £280.00, which was agreed by the parish council.  The Clerk was also asked to request that they play The Floral Dance at next year’s concert.

 

57.18 2)           Parish Council Insurance Renewal: BHIB had requested further details regarding the construction of the conveniences and pump shelters, which the Clerk was instructed to supply.

 

81.18 1)           Email from Mr Christopher Harrison re state of bin on Sheepwash Bridge: Cllr Froggatt is arranging this.

 

82.18 1)           Repairs to Playground Equipment: The Clerk was requested to contact Enviroplay and arrange for urgent delivery of the new swing seat and also to obtain a quotation for other maintenance work required.

 

93.18 1)           Memorial application for the late Mr David Doxey: approved.

 

93.18 2)           Email from Mr & Mrs West re parking in Ashford: The Clerk was requested to inform Mr and Mrs West –

1) that the parish council are not in favour of resident parking zones as this would set a precedent for the whole village. Historically, the County Council have also been opposed to such schemes when enquiries have been made in the past.

2) that the parish council do not feel parking in the Hall Orchard is appropriate as this is an area for recreation and not for parking.

 

93.18 3)           Email from Mr Christopher Harrison re van parked on the grass near the church: This was felt to have been an exceptional occurrence which took place on the same day as a funeral.

 

93.18 4)           Christmas Tree: Mr Harrison agreed to investigate the acquisition of a 6m tree.  It was also suggested that a second Christmas tree could be erected in the Institute grounds – Cllr Sidery agreed to suggest this at the September Institute Meeting.  If the Institute Committee are in agreement, it was suggested that an article could be placed in the parish magazine asking if any parishioners wish to make a donation towards this.

 

 

 

 

 

94.18               Items reported by Members:

 

94.18 1)           Maintenance of Pump Shelter in front of the Old School (Buxton Road/Fennel Street): To be included on the October agenda.

 

95.18               Planning Matters:

 

1) Application – NP/DDD/0818/0700:  Mill Barn, Mill Lane – Listed building consent-insertion of internal stair and create internal partition to workshop; installation of external timber shutters: The parish council has no objection to this application.

 

2) Application – NP/DDD/0818/0696: Greenfields Farm, Ashford Lane – variation of conditions 2 and 9 on NP/DDD/0317/0305 (referring to bat loft): The parish council object to the removal or variation of conditions in that the councillors are of the opinion that the condition regarding the retention of the bat loft should remain in place.

 

3) Decision – NP/DDD/1017/1111: Ploverfield, Pennyunk Lane: Granted subject to conditions.

4) Decision – NP/DDD/0518/0425: Greenfields Farm, Ashford Lane: Granted subject to conditions.

5) Appeal – Trinity Cottage, Hill Cross: Allowed.

 

96.18               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                           £26,580.56

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00

 

2)  to approve payments of accounts:

  1. Jayne Taft            £380.00
  2. Chemodex (2 invoices)            £103.80
  3. AK Heating            £232.00
  4. d) Clerk’s Salary for 3 month period            £749.90
  5. e) Clerk’s Expenses for 3 month period            £117.31
  6. f) HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary)            £187.60
  7. g) Phil Riley (grass cutting)         £2,343.75

 

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

  1. a) Application for memorial tablet for the late

Mr David Doxey                                                                    £50.00

  1. b) Interment of the ashes of the late Mr Harold Medland £200.00

 

97.18            Correspondence: None requiring action.

 

98.18               Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meeting will be held on Thursday 11th October 2018 at 7.30 pm in Ashford School.