Minutes September 2017

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON THURSDAY 28th SEPTEMBER 2017 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL

 

Present:  Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft,

Cllr T Williams, Cllr J Twigg, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)

 

98.17   Apologies for Absence: Cllr R McGoverne, Cllr H Froggatt, Cllr A Hill

 

99.17  Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

100.17  To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

101.17   Public Participation:

 

1) Jade van Konijnenburg was welcomed to the meeting for an informal discussion regarding ongoing update of the parish council website.  It was agreed that Jade would review the website and attend the next parish council meeting, when a future plan and remuneration package can be discussed in more detail.

 

2) Cllr Twigg was welcomed to the meeting and the following items were discussed:

 

1) White Lines: Cllr Twigg agreed to try to arrange for an Officer from DCC to inspect the junction of Watts Green/Church Lane.

 

2) Old Baslow Road: The Chairman reported that Old Baslow Road has been re-named New Road by way of erection of a new road sign, which had been reported to him by Mrs Dorothy Daybell.  The Chairman enquired whether the sign could be changed back to Old Baslow Road.  Cllr Twigg agreed to investigate.

 

3) Footpath/Hedge on A6020: Work completed.

 

102.17  Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held 31st August 2017: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Akeroyd and signed by the Chairman.

 

103.17  Confidentiality: None

 

104.17   Items reported by the Clerk:

 

92.17 1)  Public Conveniences: Further information awaited from DDDC.

 

56.17 2)  Band Concert – 3rd June 2018: The Clerk confirmed that Matlock Band had been booked.

 

57.17 3)  Sheepwash Bridge and Footpaths: It was confirmed that Chris Whitham and Phil Riley are undertaking the footpath work.  A letter had been received from DCC stating that £430.00 had been allocated towards the cost of maintaining the footpaths, but this does not include hedge cutting or litter picking and the footpath numbers have to be clearly stated.  The Chairman agreed to supply Phil Riley with the map illustrating the footpath numbers and to ask him to concentrate on these footpaths.  It was also noted that no further invoices had been received from Phil Riley regarding the grass cutting.

 

69.17 6)  Seat: Hall Orchard: The Clerk had been unable to contact Mrs Whittaker but would continue to try.

 

69.17 1)  Christmas Tree and Base for Christmas Tree: Two quotations had been received: £670.00 from Richard Butt and £1,186.14 from Woods.  It was agreed that the quotation from Richard Butt would be accepted and that he would be instructed to complete the work by the end of October.  Cllr Spinks reported that he had received a quotation of £250 for a 5m tree from Chatsworth and it was agreed that this would be accepted and that the tree should be ordered.

 

81.17 1) Security Fencing in Hall Orchard in connection with work at neighbouring property: A response had been received from Mr & Mrs Piper apologising for the delay and stating that this area would be kept mown and tidy.

 

92.17 10) Peak Advertiser Article: Julie Bunting of the Peak Advertiser had requested information regarding the burial ground on the way to Monsal Head.  The Chairman agreed to respond as he had already undertaken a survey in this area.

 

93.17 1)  Picnic Tables in Playing Field: It was confirmed that the Torne Valley picnic tables in question are £82.50 each + VAT, totalling £198.00.  It was agreed that 2 picnic tables would be purchased and the Clerk was requested to make the BACS payment as soon as possible so that delivery could be arranged.

 

93.17 2)  Repairs to Car Park Boundary Wall (Hall Orchard): It was established that this wall belongs to the house owners.  It was agreed that the parish council would write to the owners of the relevant properties pointing out that the wall is in a dangerous state of repair and requires repair.  Cllrs Windle and Williams agreed to supply the Clerk with a list of the properties concerned.

 

93.17 3) Overgrown Shrubs – Watts Green: Earl Yeomans had confirmed that he would be undertaking this work mid-October.  He had also agreed to contact the Chairman regarding other tree work required.

 

104.17 1) Monsal Head Enquiry: The parish council are unable to assist with any information regarding ownership of the land identified by Mr Thomson.

 

105.17  Items reported by Members:

 

105.17 1) Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: To be discussed at the next meeting.

 106.17 Planning Matters:

 

1)   Application NP/DDD/0817/0898: 4 Court Lane – Proposed Single Storey Greenhouse: The parish council has no objection to this application.

 

107.17  Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:

1)  Business Reserve Account: £24,350.31

Current Account: £250.00

 

  • To approve payments:

 

  1. Jayne Taft £280.00
  2. Clerk’s Salary for 3 month  period £749.90
  3. Clerk’s Expenses for 3 month period £129.87
  4. HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary) £187.60
  5. Torne Valley £198.00

 

3)  to acknowledge receipt of payments:

 

a)  Donation to Public Conveniences by Ramblers  Association (Merseyside & West Cheshire)  £50.00

 

108.17   Correspondence: None

 

109.17   Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meeting will be held on

Thursday 26th October 2017 at 7.30 pm in Ashford School Rooms