Minutes September 2016

Download PDF



Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com





Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr B Taft, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr T Williams,

Cllr H Froggatt, Cllr P Tillbrook, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)


82.16               Apologies for Absence: Cllr R Spinks, Cllr A Hill, Cllr J Twigg


83.16               Declaration of Members’ Interests: None


84.16               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None


85.16               Public Participation: Participation of Cllrs Froggatt and Tillbrook is reported below in the relevant minute references.


86.16               Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held 21st July 2016: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Akeroyd and signed by the Chairman.


87.16               Confidentiality: None


88.16               Items reported by the Clerk:


32.15 9)           Parish Council Website: The instruction manual has been re-circulated to all parish councillors.


42.16 4)           Band Concert 2017: The Clerk confirmed that Matlock Band had been booked for Sunday 18th June 2017 at a cost of £280.00.  The cost was approved by the parish council.


55.16 2)           Blocked Drains: It was reported that the drains have now been cleared.


55.16 3)           Defibrillators: The Chairman confirmed that Dr Jan Mundy has compiled an article for the parish magazine.


66.16 2)           Public Footpath Maintenance: An enquiry had been received from Sarah Heron regarding the public footpath maintenance.  It was agreed that the Clerk would ask Sarah to contact the Chairman, who would show her the footpaths etc and provide a map. The allocation from DCC for 2016/17 is £430.00.


76.16 1)           Trees on Vicarage Lane and Hall Orchard: The Clerk had contacted Dave Frost (Conservation Officer at PDNPA) requesting him to contact the Chairman to arrange a site meeting.  As Dave Frost had responded stating that a cost would be involved, the Clerk was requested to obtain details of the costs involved before proceeding further.



77.16 1)           Flood Committee Meeting: It was agreed that a Flood Committee Meeting would be held on Tuesday 11th October in the Old School commencing at 7.30 pm.  The Clerk was requested to put an article in the parish magazine.  The Chairman agreed to contact Emily Hutchinson.


88.16 1)           Request for Memorial Bench in Hall Orchard: A request had been received from Pennie Dixon for a memorial bench in memory of her parents.  It was suggested by the parish council that a bench near to the play equipment would be desirable so that parents can sit whilst watching over their children.  Alternatively, it could be located beside the other benches.  Cllr Williams suggested that a bench made from tanalised wood should be recommended.  Once the style and location of the bench have been decided upon by the donors, the parish council will consider the request again.


88.16 2)           Offer of Support for Local Charities from Hansons Auctioneers: An email had been received from Hansons Auctioneers offering to accept donations to local charities at their valuation days.  They had already identified Helen’s Trust, but had requested suggestions of other local charities.  The parish council suggested Bakewell and Eyam Community Transport.  The Clerk will liaise with Hansons accordingly.


88.16 3)           Christmas Tree: It was confirmed that Cllr Spinks had agreed to organise this.


88.16 4)           Certified Annual Return 2015/16: The certified annual return had been received from Grant Thornton.


88.16 5)           Approval of Memorial: Memorial for Mrs Caroline Storr was approved.


89.16               Items reported by Members:


89.16 a)           Public Conveniences: The Clerk was requested to contact Keith Postlethwaite at DDDC regarding the following:


1) The sink is hanging off the wall in the ladies’ toilet and requires grouting.

2) The tiles in front of the gents’ urinal have lifted and this area has become very unhygienic.

3) There is a broken lock on the gents’ toilet.

4) Re-painting is required.  DDDC to be requested to provide the paint.


89.16 b)           Trinity Cottage, Hill Cross: To be included on the October agenda.


90.16               Planning Matters:


90.16 1)           Park House – Change of Use for provision of 6 shepherds’ huts and a stone facilities block – The majority of the parish council do not feel that the constructions are in keeping with the character of a conservation area.


91.16               Financial Matters


1)                  Bank Balances Noted:

Business Reserve Account:                                                           £25,887.87

Current Account:                                                                               £250.00





2)                  To approve payments:


  1. a) Jayne Taft (to be advised)            £470.00
  2. b) Chemodex (3 invoices)            £191.04
  3. c) Clerk’s Salary for 3 month period            £590.40
  4. d) Clerk’s Expenses for 3 month period            £109.81
  5. e) HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary)            £159.60
  6. f) Mellor Plumbing £80.00


3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

  1. a) Bull’s Head (income from honesty box) £369.00
  2. b) Memorial – Mrs Caroline Storr               £50.00


92.16            Correspondence: None requiring action.


93.16               Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meeting will be held on Tuesday 4th October 2016 at 7.30 pm in Ashford Old School Rooms.