Minutes November 2017
ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs A J Fox
Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA
Telephone: 01433 631689
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 23rd NOVEMBER 2017 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL
Present: Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr R McGoverne, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft, Cllr T Williams, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)
122.17 Apologies for Absence: Cllr R McGoverne, Cllr H Froggatt, Cllr A Hill, Cllr P Tillbrook, Cllr J Twigg
123.17 Declaration of Members’ Interests: None
124.17 To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None
125.17 Public Participation:
1) Jade van Konijnenburg had been expected at the meeting for ongoing discussion regarding the parish council website, but did not attend. Cllr Sidery agreed to liaise with Jade.
2) Phil Riley attended the first part of the meeting to discuss the grass cutting requirements for 2018/19. It was agreed that 8 cuts per year are no longer sufficient to maintain the standards required by the parish council. It was therefore agreed that Phil would submit a quotation for 12 cuts for 2018/19 prior to the December meeting so that this figure would be available to the parish council for establishing the 2018/19 precept.
Cllr Taft suggested that the car park hedge requires cutting and Phil reported the hawthorn hedge at the bus shelter which he suggested required some attention.
126.17 Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held 26th October 2017: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Sidery as a true record, seconded by Cllr Williams and signed by the Chairman.
127.17 Confidentiality: None
128.17 Items reported by the Clerk:
92.17 1) Public Conveniences: Sandra Lamb had reported that readings were taken week ending 10th November, recording a people counter of 263 Gents and 154 Ladies. The Clerk was requested to obtain clarification of the exact period of time covered by these readings, and also to request that further readings are taken in July or August 2018 to give a more realistic result.
101.17 2:1 White Lines: Watts Green/Church Street: Cllr Twigg to advise.
101.17 1) Website: Jade van Konijnenburg had been expected at the meeting for ongoing discussion regarding the parish council website, but did not attend. Cllr Sidery agreed to liaise with Jade.
57.17 3) Sheepwash Bridge and Footpaths: The Clerk was requested to contact Phil Riley to see if he would be interested in undertaking the footpath work and, if so, asking him to contact the Chairman for further discussion and information. Penyunk Lane would also be included in this.
69.17 6) Seat: Hall Orchard: The Clerk had contacted Mrs Whittaker, who agreed that the current seat is beyond repair and is happy for the plaque to be transferred to another seat in the Hall Orchard. This is ongoing.
69.17 1) Christmas Tree and Base for Christmas Tree: It was reported that the Christmas tree base is completed and the Christmas tree had been ordered and would be delivered around 8th December.
93.17 2) Repairs to Car Park Boundary Wall (Hall Orchard): Ongoing.
93.17 3) Overgrown Shrubs – Watts Green: Early Yeomans has completed the tree work required.
116.17 1) Quotations for Grass Mowing 2018/19: See item 125.17 2) above. It was agreed that Phil Riley would provide a quotation for 12 cuts for 2018/19.
116.17 3) Allotment: Mrs Edmonstone had informed the parish council that she no longer wished to rent the allotment. The Clerk had endeavored without success to contact Ann Ashcroft: Cllr Sidery agreed to liaise with Ann.
128.17 1) Email from John Morris re Ashford Flood Plan: The Chairman agreed to email the Clerk with details.
128.17 2) Email from Christopher Harrison photos for website: To be considered.
129.17 Items reported by Members:
105.17 1) Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: Cllr Taft had identified a company named Fresh Air Fitness. The Clerk was requested to contact them re the following:
- a) A package of 4 items is being considered
- b) Are they able to assist with grant applications?
- c) Have they supplied their equipment to any customers located in the vicinity which the parish council could view?
130.17 Planning Matters:
1) Application – Ploverfield, Ashford-in-the-Water: NP/DDD/1017/1111: The parish council would prefer construction on the north elevation to consist of more traditional building materials sympathetic to the surrounding area. Penyunk Lane acts as a drainage channel for the surrounding hillside. The parish council would like assurance that any work carried out in this location will not increase the threat of flooding in the village.
2) Application – The Rookery, The Dukes Drive: NP/DDD/1117/1171: The parish council has no objection to this application.
3) Decision: 4 Court Lane – Granted subject to conditions
131.17 Financial Matters
Bank Balances Noted:
1) Business Reserve Account: £20,375.81
Current Account: £250.00
- To approve payments:
- Jayne Taft £280.00
- Yeomans £480.00
- Peter G Morton £670.00
- Chemodex (2 invoices) £108.60
- e) P Riley Groundcare £1,350.00
3) to acknowledge receipt of payments: None
1) Letter from Ashford War Memorial Institute: A letter had been received from Ashford War Memorial Institute requesting a donation towards the cost of replacing the Institute windows. It was agreed that a donation of £1,000.00 would be made by the parish council towards the cost of the replacement windows. The Clerk was requested to arrange a BACS payment.
133.17 Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meeting will be held on
Monday 18th December 2017 at 7.30 pm in Ashford School Rooms. It was agreed that an agenda item would be included regarding suggestions to commemorate Armistice Day in 2018.