Minutes May 2018
ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs A J Fox
Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA
Telephone: 01433 631689
MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL MEETING OF THE PARISHCOUNCIL
HELD ON THURSDAY 17TH MAY 2018 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL
Present: Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft.
Cllr T Williams, Cllr J Twigg, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)
49.18 Election of Chairman: Cllr David Windle was proposed by Cllr Williams, seconded by Cllr Sidery and unanimously elected as Chairman.
50.18 Election of Vice Chairman: Cllr Ben Taft was proposed by Cllr Williams, seconded by Cllr Sidery and unanimously elected as Vice Chairman.
51.18 Apologies for Absence: Cllr R McGoverne, Cllr H Froggatt, Cllr P Tillbrook,
52.18 Declaration of Members’ Interests: None
53.18 To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None
54.18 Public Participation: Cllr Twigg was welcomed to the meeting and confirmed the following:
- a) Drain opposite the A6020 junction with the A6: Actioned
- b) Village Sweep: Cllr Twigg agreed to arrange for the village to be swept prior to the Well Dressing o 26th
55.18 Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held 19th April 2018: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Taft as a true record, seconded by Cllr Akeroyd and signed by the Chairman.
56.18 Confidentiality: None
57.18 Items reported by the Clerk:
92.17 1) Public Conveniences:
- a) Covenant: The Solicitor is looking into this.
- b) PHS Contract for sanitary and nappy bins: The Clerk was requested to obtain a quotation, following which a decision will be made as to whether this service is still required.
101.17 1) Website: Enquiries within the village for a candidate to keep the website updated had not been successful. It was therefore agreed that a notice would be placed on the parish council notice board and in the Institute.
93.17 2) Repairs to Car Park Boundary Wall (Hall Orchard): Address details of the owner of the property concerned are still awaited from Cllr McGoverne so that a request can be made for the wall to be repaired.
105.17 1) Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: Ongoing
141.17 2) Commemoration of Armistice Day 2018: Cllr Sidery reported that a meeting had been held on 24th April, where the following had been agreed:
1) Formal service in the Institute commencing at 10.30 am.
2) Wreaths to be laid in 5 different places around the village – the parish council to supply a wreath.
3) Plastic poppies will be planted.
20.18 1) No 4 Court Lane: An email had been received from the PDNPA stating that the Monitoring and Enforcement Team would investigate, but this would not be immediate. The Clerk was requested to obtain a response for the next meeting.
31.18 1) Audit of 2017/18 Accounts: The accounts were scrutinised and approved by the parish council and signed off accordingly. The appropriate Certificate of Exemption was also completed and signed and will be sent to the external auditor as requested.
44.18 a) Hedge at Hillmorton on A6: The Clerk was requested to contact Cllr Twigg and request that the hedge is cut back.
44.18 b) Grit Bin at Hillmorton: To be re-filled before the winter – Cllr Taft to arrange.
44.18 c) Drain opposite the A6020: Actioned by Cllr Twigg (see item 54.18 above).
57.18 1) Band Concert by Matlock Band – 3rd June: The Clerk reminded the parish council about the band concert booked for 3rd June.
57.18 2) Parish Council Insurance Renewal: The quotation of £490.40 was accepted and approved, but the Clerk was requested to contact BHIB to seek insurance cover for:
1) 3 bus shelters
2) 2 village pump shelters
3) The toilet block
57.18 3) New Data Protection Laws: Definitive information is still awaited as to whether the parish council is required to appoint a Data Protection Officer. It was agreed that the Clerk would be appointed to this role.
58.18 Items reported by Members:
58.18 1) Planting of ornamental flower bed: It was agreed that plants would be purchased by the parish council for planting in the village flower bed.
58.18 2) Footpaths: A map of the village footpaths to be supplied to Phil Riley. The Clerk was requested to enquire whether DCC are operating the Footpath Reimbursement Scheme in 2018/19.
59.18 Planning Matters:
1) Application NP/DDD/0418/0369 & NP/DDD/0418/0371: The Candle House, Greaves Lane – The parish council has no objection to these applications.
60.18 Financial Matters
Bank Balances Noted:
1) Business Reserve Account: £30,582.47
Current Account: £250.00
2) to approve payments of accounts:
- Jayne Taft £280.00
- Chemodex £58.86
- Insurance Renewal £490.40
3) to acknowledge receipt of payments:
- a) Bull’s Head re conveniences £369.00
- b) DDDC – Parish Precept £15,700.00
- c) DDDC – Grass Cutting Reimbursement £1,020.00
- d) DCC – Grass Cutting Reimbursement £634.00
61.18 1) Request from Mrs Pat Shaw for memorial bench: Approved. The Clerk was requested to inform Mrs Shaw accordingly.
62.18 Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meeting will be held on Thursday 21st June 2018 at 7.30 pm in Ashford School.