Minutes March 2018
ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs A J Fox
Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA
Telephone: 01433 631689
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 22nd MARCH 2018 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL
Present: Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr R McGoverne, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr T Williams, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)
25.18 Apologies for Absence: Cllr H Froggatt, Cllr A Hill, Cllr J Twigg
26.18 Declaration of Members’ Interests: None
27.18 To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None
28.18 Public Participation: None
29.18 Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held 15th February 2018: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Windle as a true record, seconded by Cllr Sidery and signed by the Chairman.
30.18 Confidentiality: None
31.18 Items reported by the Clerk:
92.17 1) Public Conveniences: The Clerk reported that Philip Bramall of Franklin & Co Solicitors in Bakewell had agreed to act on the parish council’s behalf with regard to the transfer of the public conveniences. The Clerk had also received an enquiry from the Clerk of Little Longstone Parish Meeting regarding Ashford’s experiences of taking over the conveniences as Little Longstone are considering taking over the conveniences at Monsal Head. The Clerk was requested to respond, offering advice as required.
101.17 1) Website: Cllr Sidery agreed to liaise with Mrs Sarah Heron.
57.17 3) Sheepwash Bridge and Footpaths: Cllr Windle reported that he and Phil Riley had undertaken a tour of the parish footpaths, but no work was required. It was therefore agreed that a footpath claim for 2017/18 would not be submitted.
93.17 2) Repairs to Car Park Boundary Wall (Hall Orchard): Cllr McGoverne agreed to supply the Clerk with the address of the owner of the property concerned so that a request can be made for the wall to be repaired.
105.17 1) Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: Cllr Taft to advise.
141.17 2) Commemoration of Armistice Day 2018: Cllr Sidery and Cllr Windle agreed to liaise with Mrs Williams.
20.18 1) No 4 Court Lane: Mr Piper had confirmed that the car parking spaces would be re-instated by Easter.
31.18 1) Audit of 2017/18 Accounts: The parish council agreed that West and Foster should once again be approached to assist with the audit of the end of year accounts.
32.18 Items reported by Members:
1) Monsal Head Conveniences: See item 92.17 1) above.
2) Request for Use of Hall Orchard during Well Dressing Week: Cllr McGoverne asked permission for the Hall Orchard to be used for parking during Well Dressing Week. This was agreed, subject to dry weather conditions. Cllr McGoverne confirmed that car park takings on Saturday and Sunday would be donated to Ashgate Hospice, but takings from Monday to Friday would be donated to the Ashford car park/conveniences honesty box.
33.18 Planning Matters:
1) Application: NP/DDD/0218/0114 – Catherine’s Cottage, Church Street: demolish and rebuild chimney: The parish council has no objection to this application.
2) Decision: NP/DDD/1117/1161 – Riverside Hotel: Granted subject to conditions.
34.18 Financial Matters
Bank Balances Noted:
1) Business Reserve Account: £14,251.11
Current Account: £250.00
- To approve payments:
- B Wood Plant Hire (refilling of grit bins) £264.00
- Clerk’s Salary for 3 month period £749.90
- Clerk’s Expenses for 3 month period £155.65
- HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary) £187.60
3) to acknowledge receipt of payments:
- a) Mettams re Mrs Freda Bond £200.00
1) Letter from Land Maintenance Limited re ground maintenance: to be added to the parish council’s contractor list.
36.18 Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meeting will be held immediately following the Annual Parish Meeting scheduled for Thursday 19th April 2018 at 7.30 pm in Ashford School.