Minutes June 2017

Download PDF

ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL

 

Clerk: Mrs A J Fox

Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA

Telephone: 01433 631689

Email: angelafox@btinternet.com

 

MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING

HELD ON THURSDAY 22ND JUNE 2017 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL

 

Present:          Cllr D Windle, Cllr R McGoverne, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft,

Cllr T Williams, Cllr J Twigg, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)

 

62.17               Apologies for Absence: Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr H Froggatt, Â

 

63 .17              Declaration of Members’ Interests: None

 

64.17               To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None

 

65.17               Public Participation: Cllr Twigg reported the following:

 

1) Water Leak – Ashford Lane: Cllr Twigg reported that she had resolved this.

 

2) Greaves Lane 30 mph Sign: Cllr Twigg reported that she had arranged for this to be moved further up the lane.

 

66.17               Minutes of Annual Meeting held 18th May 2017: An amendment was made to item 57.17 2) in that this should have read “The Clerk was requested to write to Dr John Gibson of the PCC”.  This amendment made, the minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Sidery and signed by the Chairman.

 

67.17               Confidentiality: None

 

68.17               Items reported by the Clerk:

 

125.16 3)         Provision of Storage Bins for sand and supply of sand: Cllr Taft confirmed the arrival of the 2 bins which are sited in the Court Lane car park and Highfields.

 

31.17 1)           Submission of 2016/17 Accounts: The Clerk reported that the accounts had been submitted to the auditor by the due date of 2nd June, receipt of which had been acknowledged.

 

32.17 5)           Location of Flood Trailer: Cllr Taft agreed to arrange for the flood trailer to be re-located at the Institute.

 

42.17. 1)          Website: No response had been received from the parish magazine article so the Clerk was requested to place an advertisement in the Peak Advertiser.

 

56.17 1)           Review of Public Conveniences: Sandra Lamb of DDDC will be attending the first part of the July meeting on 27th July.

 

56.17 2)           Band Concert: The band concert had taken place on Sunday 18th June 2017 and it was agreed that Matlock Band would be invited to undertake the 2018 band concert.  The date will be confirmed at the next meeting.

 

56.17 3)           Parish Council Insurance: The Clerk confirmed that the insurance policy had been renewed with Aon and that the parish council had taken advantage of the lower rate of £544.89 by entering into the Long Term 3-year Agreement whereby the premium would remain at £544.89 for this year and the next 2 years.

 

57.17 1)           Hedge at Tithe Barn, Fennel Street: The hedge has now been cut back.

 

57.17 2)           The School House: The Chairman confirmed that he had trimmed this hedge.  The Clerk reported receipt of an email from Derby Diocesan Board of Education confirming that they are resolving the matter.

 

57.17 3)           Sheepwash Bridge and Footpaths: Cllr Taft had spoken to Phil Riley (who currently undertakes the grass mowing), asking him to look at the Sheepwash Bridge and also to undertake the footpath work, which will need to be invoiced separately.

 

57.17 4)           Container of White Liquid opposite the Conveniences: Now removed.

 

57.17 5)           Trinity Close: The grass has now been mown.

 

69.17               Items reported by Members:

 

1)                     Base for Christmas Tree: Cllr Taft agreed to obtain a quotation.

 

2)                     Repairs to Sheepwash Bridge: Cllr Williams agreed to carry out the repairs.

 

3)                     Trees in Churchyard: Cllr McGoverne agreed to supply details to the Clerk of a Sheffield contractor whom she recommended.  On receipt of these details, the Clerk to ask him to contact Cllr Windle to arrange a site meeting.

 

4)                     Play Equipment (Broken Roundabout): Cllr Windle reported that the roundabout is now working.

 

5)                     Minor Flood Incident: Cllr Windle reported on a recent minor flood incident, the outcome of which will continue to be monitored.

 

6)                     Seat: Hall Orchard: Cllr McGoverne reported on a seat in the Hall Orchard requiring repair.  The Chairman and Clerk agreed to look back into the parish council minutes to ascertain who is responsible for maintenance of this seat.

 

7)                     Wells Dressing Proceeds: Discussion took place around destination of the wells dressing proceeds, which had resulted in acrimony.  This item was not pursued as it had not been formally included on the agenda.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

70.17               Planning Matters:

 

1) Application NP/DDD/0517/0544: Parkfield, Ashford Lane – The parish council has no objection to this application.

 

71.17               Financial Matters

 

Bank Balances Noted:         Â

1)         Business Reserve Account:                                                           £30,140.98

Current Account:                                                                               £290.00

 

  • To approve payments:

 

  1. Jayne Taft                                                                            £350.00
  2. West and Foster (Audit Services)                                        £360.00
  3. Chemodex                                                                            £112.08
  4. Chairman’s Allowance                                                         £750.00
  5. Philip Riley (grass cutting – 4 cuts)                                  £1,875.00
  6.    Clerk’s Salary for 3 month period                                   £719.38
  7. Clerk’s Expenses for 3 month period                                 £131.32
  8. HMRC (tax on Clerk’s salary)                                            £218.12
  9.          Cllr Windle: reimbursement for soil improver Top Pump   £10.00               Â

 

3)   to acknowledge receipt of payments:

 

a)   Bull’s Head re conveniences                                                £598.00

b)   DDDC: Footpath Reimbursement                                       £100.00

c)   HMRC: VAT Reimbursement                                             £824.80

 

72.17            Correspondence requiring action: None

 

73.17   Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meetings will be on the following dates:

 

Thursday 27th July: Sandra Lamb of DDDC will be attending the first part of the July meeting to discuss the issue of the future of the public conveniences, commencing at 7.30 pm.