Minutes January 2018
ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs A J Fox
Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA
Telephone: 01433 631689
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 18TH JANUARY 2018 IN ASHFORD SCHOOL
Present: Cllr D Windle, Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks, Cllr B Taft,
Cllr T Williams, Mrs A Fox (Clerk)
01.18 Apologies for Absence: Cllr H Froggatt, Cllr A Hill, Cllr P Tillbrook and
Cllr J Twigg
02.18 Declaration of Members’ Interests: None
03.18 To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None
04.18 Public Participation: None
05.18 Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held 18th December 2017: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Spinks as a true record, seconded by Cllr Akeroyd and signed by the Chairman.
06.18 Confidentiality: None
07.18 Items reported by the Clerk:
92.17 1) Public Conveniences: The parish council had collectively decided to accept the revised offer made by DDDC for transfer of the public conveniences to the parish council. The possibility of removing the wall between the Hall Orchard and the car park was discussed as this may facilitate exemption from business rates.
101.17 2:1 White Lines: Watts Green/Church Street: Cllr Twigg to advise.
101.17 1) Website: Cllr Sidery is in liaison with Jade van Konijnenburg. A decision will be made at the next meeting.
57.17 3) Sheepwash Bridge and Footpaths: Phil Riley is undertaking this work.
69.17 6) Seat: Hall Orchard: Ongoing
93.17 2) Repairs to Car Park Boundary Wall (Hall Orchard): Ongoing.
07.18 1) Parish Precept: After careful consideration of the parish council finances, a precept of £15,700.00 was agreed for 2018/19. A breakdown is attached.
116.17 3) Allotment: Mr Roy Davison had expressed an interest in the vacant allotment. The Clerk was requested to make contact with him.
105.17 1) Sports Equipment for Hall Orchard: Cllr Taft agreed to review the quotation provided by Fresh Air Fitness.
141.17 1) Tree and hedge at Old Baslow Road: A response is still awaited from DCC regarding the tree. A quotation of £350.00 had been received from Phil Riley for cutting the hedge, which was agreed.
08.18 Items reported by Members:
141.17 2) Commemoration of Armistice Day 2018: Cllr Sidery reported that a commemorative event is being planned in Ashford for Armistice Day and Cllr Sidery agreed to discuss this further at the Institute Meeting on 30th January.
08.18 1) Christmas Tree: The Clerk was requested to write the following letters:
1) Letter to the Chatsworth Trust thanking them for the Christmas tree, informing them how much it was admired and requesting a similar one next year at the same price.
2) Letter to Mr Peter Hunt thanking him for the use of the forklift for erecting the tree.
3) Letter to Mrs Jean Blackwell thanking her for the electricity supply.
09.18 Planning Matters:
1) Application: Riverside Hotel – for removal of condition: The parish council has no objection to this application.
2) Application: Riverside Hotel – listed building consent re kitchen extraction flue: The parish council has no objection to this application.
10.18 Financial Matters
Bank Balances Noted:
1) Business Reserve Account: £15,330.43
Current Account: £650.00
- To approve payments:
- Jayne Taft (to be advised) £320.00
- Chemodex £89.40
- Barry Wood Plant Hire (refilling of grit bins) £264.00
- DDDC (wheeled bin) £104.00
- e) Cllr R Spinks (reimbursement) £133.16
- f) Mrs J Blackwell (re electricity supply for Christmas tree) £10.00
3) to acknowledge receipt of payments: None
- a) Mettams re Mr Terence Vernon Lockwood £400.00
- b) Mettams re memorial for Mr Lockwood £50.00
- c) The Bulls Head re conveniences £872.00
1) Letters of thanks from Helen’s Trust and Bakewell and Eyam Community Transport for the recent donations from the parish council.
2) Email from Mr William Brindley of W Brindley Grounds Maintenance offering services for grounds maintenance: The Clerk was requested to respond to the effect that the parish council would contact Mr Brindley when the 2019 precept is being set.
12.18 Date of Next Meeting: The next parish council meeting will be held on
Thursday 15th February 2018 at 7.30 pm in Ashford School Rooms.
Clerk’s salary £3,750.00
Clerk’s expenses £500.00
Grass cutting £6,000.00
Public Conveniences (cleaning & supplies) £3,000.00
Chairman’s Allowance £750.00
Donations (see below) £800.00
Parish council reserves £2,470.00
PRECEPT 2018/19 £15,700.00
THE FOLLOWING DONATIONS WERE AGREED UPON FOR 2018/19
1) Ashford Cricket Club £100.00
2) Bakewell & Eyam Community Transport £200.00
3) War Memorial Institute £100.00
4) Post Office (War Memorial Institute) £200.00
5) Ashford Well Dressings £100.00
6) Helen’s Trust £100.00