Minutes February 2020
ASHFORD-IN-THE-WATER PARISH COUNCIL
Clerk: Mrs A J Fox
Derwent Cottage, Calver Bridge, Calver, Hope Valley S32 3XA
Telephone: 01433 631689
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
HELD ON THURSDAY 13th FEBRUARY 2020 IN ASHFORD INSTITUTE
Present: Cllr D Windle, Cllr C Harrison, Cllr V Sidery, Cllr R Spinks,
Cllr B Taft, Cllr T Williams, Cllr A Hill, Cllr A Sutton, Cllr M Wakeman
Mrs A Fox, (Clerk)
Clare Gamble of Little Longstone Parish Council
13.20 Apologies for Absence: Cllr R Akeroyd, Cllr J Twigg,
14.20 Declaration of Members’ Interests: None
15.20 To receive and approve requests for dispensations from members on matters in which they have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest: None
16.20 Public Participation: Cllr Wakeman reported on the following:
1) Litter Pick: Cllrs Sidery and Windle agreed to take part in the forthcoming litter picks scheduled for: 29 Feb/1 March and 28/29 March. Further litter picks are scheduled for
25/26 April, 30/31 May, 27/28 June, 3/4 July, 25/26 July.
2) Culvert at Highfields & All Drains: All require clearing.
3) Replacement Street Lights: The Chairman reported that he had been informed that the street lights would not be replaced for 3 months. It was agreed that this is unacceptable. Cllr Wakeman agreed to investigate.
17.20 Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held 16th January 2020: The minutes were proposed by Cllr Williams as a true record, seconded by Cllr Taft and signed by the Chairman.
18.20 Confidentiality: None
19.20 Items reported by the Clerk:
92.17 1) Public Conveniences: The Chairman reported on a recent meeting with Sarah Stokes, Clerk to Little Longstone Parish Council, regarding the re-opening of the conveniences at Monsal Head, which are located in Ashford parish. It was agreed that Ashford parish council could not sustain the upkeep of both conveniences (in Monsal Head and Ashford). Cllr Wakeman reported that he and Clare Gamble were setting up a charity and that DDDC would provide a grant. A donation was also requested from Ashford in the Water Parish Council. The parish council agreed in principle that a donation could be made and that the final amount would be decided once the total costings of the Monsal Head conveniences were available.
32.19 2) Roundabout in Hall Orchard: Mr Chris Bettney had provided a quotation of £800 for the repair work. The Clerk was requested to also contact Cox Builders in Great Longstone and Nelsons in Bakewell. Cllr Williams agreed to contact Mr Mark Garrett.
32.19 4) Dog signs in Hall Orchard, Sign on Hall Orchard Gate and other signs: Ongoing.
04.20 d) White Lining Inspection: Cllr Twigg arranging.
19.20 1) Request from MX5 car club to park on land behind Bull’s Head on 5th May 2020: This was agreed in principle, subject to suitable weather conditions. A donation would also be required from the MX5 Car Club.
121.19 1) BT Consultation letter re decommissioned telephone boxes: A decision will be required as to how the decommissioned telephone box will be used.
20.20 Items raised by Members:
20.20 1) Flood Resilience Policy: A separate meeting will be arranged.
20.20 2) Cemetery Rules and Regulations: It had been noted that planting is taking place on some graves. This is not permitted under Rule 5 e. of the Cemetery Rules and Regulations. The Clerk was requested to put a notice to this effect in the parish magazine, also stating that any remaining receptacles will need to be removed once the mowing season starts.
20.20 3) Damaged Picnic Table in Hall Orchard: It was reported that Mr Barrie Marsden will undertake this repair.
20.20 4) Watts Green, Fence and Gate on River Bank: It was reported that Mr Phil Riley had quoted a price of £180.00 consisting of £60 for materials and £120 for labour. This quotation was agreed. The Clerk was requested to instruct Phil Riley to proceed.
20.20 5) Blocked Drain, Fennel Street: Cllr Wakeman taking action regarding this.
20.20 6) Hall Orchard Parking during Well Dressing: Cllr Sidery requested permission for the Hall Orchard to be used for parking purposes during Well Dressing Week. This was granted subject to suitable weather conditions.
20.20 7) Painting of Well: To be included on the March agenda.
21.20 Planning Matters:
1) NP/DDD/0120/0026 Proposed industrial units, John Bank Lane: The Parish Council have no objection to this application, but would support some additional screening in the form of trees/plants.
2) NP/DDD/1219/1337 Single storey garden room, Derby Gate Cottage, Bakewell Road: The Parish Council have no objection to this application.
3) NP/DDD/1119/1234 Replace and re-site existing cess-pit, Dukes Drive, (Old Marble Works), Peak National Park: To be advised.
4) NP/DDD/0120/0072 S.73 application for removal of condition 2 on NP/DDD/1212/1264, The Grange, Greaves Lane: The Parish Council have no objection to this application.
5) NP/DDD/0120/0073 S.73 application for removal of condition 2 on NP/DDD/1115/1043, The Grange, Greaves Lane: The Parish Council have no objection to this application.
6) Decision Notice: NP/DDD/1119/1173 Greenfields Farm, Ashford Lane, Granted,subject to conditions
22.20 Financial Matters
Bank Balances Noted:
1) Business Reserve Account: £15,840.42
Current Account: £250.00
2) to approve payments of accounts:
- a) Cleaning conveniences £280.00
- b) Ashford War Memorial Institute (room hire) £87.00
- c) Total (electricity for conveniences) £10.43
- d) Donation – Ashford Cricket Club £500.00
A request had been received from Ashford Cricket Club for a contribution towards the cost of a new roller and it was agreed that a donation of £500.00 would be made, as detailed above.
3) to acknowledge receipt of payments: None
23.20 Correspondence: None
24.20 Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting will be will be held on Thursday 12th March 2020 in the War Memorial Institute. It was also agreed that the Annual Parish Meeting of the Parish Council (to which members of the public are invited to attend) will be held on Thursday 16th April in the War Memorial Institute (large room).